Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Tradition, tradition

Even bloggers who shamelessly neglect their blogs can’t mess with tradition.

And, so, I present (better late than never!) the now-traditional picture of this year’s fruits of our annual school supplies shopping spree:

IMG_4417For comparison’s sake, check out last year’s picture.

Best wishes to all the younger readers – and their parents - for a wonderful, successful, happy, healthy, and productive school year!

________

P.S. The newest Haveil Havalim is available here. Special thanks to Esser Agaroth for including my post on Herzl’s speech at the First Zionist Congress.

7 comments:

  1. I like the composition of your photo. Nice layout and great colors.

    I felt the dread that my daughter felt in going back to school, but (yay) she seems happy with her teachers.

    I'm happy for my middle son who starts high school on Wednesday. Anticipating it will be good for him.

    My eldest just has to survive his last year and then next year: to Israel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leora - Thank you! That's a big compliment coming from you!

    Good luck to all of your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I've also been shamelessly neglecting my blog! This is a great photo - wish I had gotten one of our pile before all of our stuff was whisked away to its respective backpacks...
    Happy New Schoolyear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this for the whole family? Then the teachers are not as crazy as some French ones. A friend has a daughter whose bag weighs over 7 kilos.
    Best wishes for your kids' school year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toby - Happy school year to you, too! :-)

    Ilana-Davita - Yes, it's for the whole family, but we happened to have a significant amount left over from last year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pile looks like what I bought for just one child. And I still got a note from the teacher that I am missing items . . . My husband and I still can't figure out what the teacher means by "hard plastic folder." We only found soft plastic folders and that is what we bought, but it isn't okay for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura - Yesterday, one of the Shiputzim kids' teachers told the class that they have to replace all their notebooks(!!). Apparently, there was a typo on the original list, and everyone had purchased the "wrong" kind.

    Clearly, I wasn't the only one who spoke to the teacher about it, because today, she announced that the "wrong" notebooks are fine...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment.