Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Kept in stitches

The following phone conversation may or may not have recently occurred in real life:

Mother: {calls her son, who’s away in yeshiva, after receiving no response to either of the two text messages she sent him}

Son: {rather groggily} Hi. I can’t talk. I’m getting stitches. I’ll call you back later.

Mother: ???!!!!!!!!!

Son: Whatever, it’s not a big deal. I fell and cut myself. It’s nothing. I’ll call you back. {hangs up}

Mother: ???!!!!!!!!!

On the off-chance that the above exchange actually took place, the mother-in-question thanks the son-in-question for graciously allowing it to be posted here on Our Shiputzim.

Furthermore, she continues to maintain that yes, it’s EXTREMELY blog-worthy…

Open-mouthed

Your thoughts?

__________

P.S. The latest Kosher Cooking Carnival is available here. Special thanks to Cooking Outside the Box for including my mini black and white cookies.

6 comments:

  1. Of course it's blogworthy. How is he? Kids just don't understand that our job is to worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God, I would have freaked out. My teenage nephew is like that- calm and "chill" no matter what the situation is. He once called his mom from school and asked her to pick him up because "I have a metal wire stuck in my eye. But it's no big deal, don't worry"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes!!
    And SuperRaizy: Super Yikes!!
    Wow - may we all have a peaceful, injury-free year to come...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Batya - Thanks for asking. B"H, he seems to be okay, and hopefully, the stitches will be able to come out next week IY"H.

    SR - I would have freaked out.
    That's EXACTLY what I -- er, that is -- the mother in the story did... :-)

    Toby - Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shana Tova! May your family be in the sort of stitches that implies laughter.

    I've never gotten a "don't worry" phone call - just calls requiring stitches (and once a possible concussion from a flung baseball bat).

    I can't imagine my eldest, who will be in yeshiva next year, needing stitches, but my middle one...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leora - Ironically, he tripped and fell on the stairs in the beit midrash!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment.