Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Yom HaAtzma’ut 5771

Last year, Leora suggested that I post pictures of Flag Friday (the day we decorate our house and car in honor of Yom HaAtzma’ut).

And, so, here’s what TRLEOOB* looks like when it’s all bedecked in blue and white:

(As always, please feel free to click on the pictures for a closer view.)

IMG_4112Blowing in the wind 

IMG_4116 The view from inside

IMG_4120The view from outside

IMG_4114Even the neighbors got into the act.

---------

מועדים לשמחה

לאלתר לגאולה שלמה!

Happy Yom HaAtzma’ut to all!

___________

*TRLEOOB=the real life equivalent of our blog

7 comments:

  1. Cool! You look like get so "into" it all. Enjoy the day (and any accompanying food treats as well).

    I don't quite recall suggesting that (doesn't mean I didn't), but then again, I'm always saying, show us the pics! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the pictures. My sister just sent me a video of fireworks where she lives.
    Tomorrow I go to a parade at the school that my children attend.
    Happy Yom HaAtma'ut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leora - but then again, I'm always saying, show us the pics! :-)
    LOL! That's basically what you said! :-)

    Laura - Sounds like fun! I hope you're having a wonderful Yom HaAtzma'ut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures. It is nice to see all these flags. Is this done throughout the country?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ilana-Davita - Thanks. Yes, most Israelis hang flags from their homes and cars for Yom HaAtzma'ut. It's a beautiful custom which really gets one into the holiday spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops, your post reminds me that I was so busy this year, I didn't hang a single flag around the house.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment.