Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fun and Games Friday: Modiin Edition

Known for its many malls, its bowling alley, and its manmade “lake”, the beautiful city of Modiin also boasts a large number of awesome playgrounds.

Here are some pictures from a recent visit to Israel’s “city of the future”:

IMG_1650 IMG_1659IMG_1661

As always, feel free to click on the pictures for a closer view.

Meanwhile, Leora shares a picture of another Modiin playground.

!שבת שלום ומבורך

_________

The latest Haveil Havalim is available here. Special thanks to JewishBoston for including my counteracting the meraglim post.

4 comments:

  1. Ha, ha! Yes, we spent a whole afternoon in said playground. I've got more photos of it, but most of them are of the various kids involved. Did you eat at the Gigantic Pizza place? Something like Pizza Anakim or whatever. I also have a photo of a fruit stand somewhere on my blog... thanks for bringing back the memories.

    I read somewhere Modi'in is planned to be the 4th largest city in Israel (surpassing... no ... Tiveria? - that's my cousins' "big" city.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leora - I've also heard that Modiin is planned to be Israel's fourth largest city, but I believe it has a while to go until it gets there. (Currently, Rishon LeZion is 4th, and the combined city of Modiin-Maccabim-Reut is somewhere around 20th place.)

    Shabbat Shalom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were in that park almost every day this winter! (that it wasn't raining)
    Now we drive by and it shimmers in the heat...

    ReplyDelete
  4. One Tired Ema - Fortunately, the day these pictures were taken it wasn't too bad. However, unless they've installed A/C since then, I wouldn't want to be there this week... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment.